This post originally appeared in Lunch Pail's weekly newsletter. Subscribe to receive the weekly newsletter in your inbox as soon as it's available.
This week's issue is a community update. Every month I pen down reflections on how the prior month went and have kept those reflections internal, but in the spirit of transparency and openness wanted to share these updates with the broader lunch pail community.
Highlights from last month:
- Grew 3rd quarter revenues by 36%, added some serious juice to Lunch Pail's pipeline, met with over 50 non-technical entrepreneurs, and started to negotiate some new partnerships.
- Solidified new systems with the help of the habitify app. I've been a user of habitify for some time, and their recent update lets you log time towards a goal. Previously my systems were something like (contact new prospect every day, build a new feature on existing internal projects, write content). With the update, I can log time into the goal. Now my systems look something like build every day and spend 10/hours a week building. This change has helped me get into a good schedule for daily habits and ensure that I'm putting good time into the business outside of client work.
- Shared four issues of lunch pail's newsletter and started curating Lunch Pail musical playlists.
Lunch Pail's focus next month
Here are the current initiatives we'll focus on in November
- Open-sourcing our templates: we've spent the past few months working with early teams, hearing the struggles that nontechnical folk face as they build products (even without code), so we'll be sharing the templates and frameworks we use internally for feedback from the broader community
- Hosting workshops: we have a few workshops slated with incubators and looking forward to teaching what we know in more structured settings
- Demystifying tech concepts: Last month, we met with 50+ nontechnical entrepreneurs and heard some similar themes of confusion. We'll be demystifying and diving into some of these themes with our upcoming blog content.
Cool Finds this Month:
📱-apps 📖 - books 🛠 - resources 🎧 - podcasts
- 📱Habitify - the app that's helped me establish good systems and routines
- 📱Life metrics - app to record metrics about life, dig into your data, and learn more about what helps you feel good and productive. Currently in beta.
- 📱SuperPeer - still in beta but a helpful tool to monetize those picking your brain sessions
- 📖 The Almanack of Naval Ravikant - timeless advice on life
- 📖 Mental models - a comprehensive list of mental models
- 📖 Flexible consistency - it's great to be consistent but also great to be flexible
- 🛠 Notion pack by Supercreative - big fan of notion templates and this pack has been well worth the $78
- 🎧 Persisting Through Failures to Find a Winning Trend with Dru Riley of Trends.vc - awesome and inspirational listen from Dru of Trends
What do you think about the format of these updates? Would love to hear your feedback!
subscribe to our weekly newsletter.